November 1, 2008

OFTOT Week In Review - Week 9...


Halloween. I peaked at that shit about three years ago when I donned the costume you see above. This was basically the best Halloween costume I ever had (that's Cotter on the left there). In case you've never seen the best movie know to man, I was The Dude from none other than The Big Lebowski. I've had a couple of decent Halloweens since. But I've never quite been able to recreate the magic above...although the following year I was K-Fed, and my chinstrap facial hair (drawn carefully by Domski in eyeliner pencil) was a pretty big hit.

This year, I didn't dress up. I didn't go out. Hell, I didn't even really leave my couch. But apparently I'm scary enough sans-costume. Because while I was walking my dog, I was offered candy as if I were a trick-or-treater like the rest. Shocker!

But I hope all you guys enjoyed dressing up like Batman, the Joker, and various ridiculous concept costumes like a Chick Magnet, and you girls enjoyed dressing up like a slutty nurse, a slutty cop and the various phases of Britney Spears ("slutty" qualifier is implied). I sure enjoyed watching all the crazy assholes here in NYC/Hoboken parading themselves around like it was a God damn fashion show. I particularly enjoyed the two chicks who dressed like Tom Cruise in Risky Business. Here's a tip ladies - any costume that involves you wearing no pants is A-OK in my book. In fact, I hear that it's Halloween in my apartment right now. So feel free to drop by [emoticon winking].

As for OFTOT, this week we covered a wide range of topics with the least amount of sophistication possible. Those topics included...

1. [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show - still Unnamed, still full of stupid antics...

2. Man, losing sucks worse than Tommy Maddox...

3. I gave the Ravens a lot of shit this week...

4. We opined about how Sansmokio's presence might or might not have helped the Steelers last Sunday...

5. I still <3 Randle El...

6. As of Wednesday, I still wasn't over Sunday...

7. Momma Cotter made an astute observation...

8. I ranted in a Jim Zorn-esque fashion...

9. I still think this post is worth reading solely for the image of Terrell Suggs as a man-horse (And yes, I am aware that the correct term is "centaur." But what sounds funnier? Centaur? Or "Man-Horse?" That's what I'm sayin')...

10. We made some new friends and got to know our old friends even better...

11. Who knows what this was all about? Certainly not me...and I wrote it...

And thus wraps up Week 9 of the NFL season here at OFTOT. Keeping with tradition, there'll be a brand spanking new [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show for you all tomorrow afternoon (hopefully around Noon). Then, Monday, I shall try my hand at Liveblogging. This should be worth dropping by for simply to watch me make such insightful comments as "Man, Tomlin's 'fro is looking sick tonight. I predict a big win" and "Dude, that sucked." Even I'm interested to see how it'll go.

Until then, enjoy your respective weekends and throw a few back for my nerdy ass. I'll be reading some boring shit about Legislation and Regulation. Party on.

Oh, and lest I forget, for you music lovers, here are the Riffs...

1. Flashlight - Parliament
2. Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang
3. Circles - Soul Coughing
4. Gimme Some Mo' - Busta Rhymes
5. Me & My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers

And the bonus selections (because I couldn't pick just one)...
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
Red House - Jimi Hendrix

No comments: