Unexplainable. This image defies explanation.Ok, you know what? I was thinking about this, and I'm NOT over Sunday yet. I mean, so much happened to go against us in that game, and yet we were still in it until a little less than 3:00 left! Sure, the Giants knocked Ben down on almost half of his drop backs, but that's no different than any other game. So what the hell?
Honestly, how did the Offense go from hot to cold THAT much quicker than my ex-girlfriend? Did we think we were going to fool them into thinking they should respect Limas Sweed? And for Christ's sake, why is it that every time I order something with "NO ONIONS" I still end up picking a pound and a half of onion out of my dinner? What if I was allergic, man? I smell tortious conduct...
Anyways, tangent. But really, what the hell was that? Four picks? FOUR? I know one wasn't really Ben's fault, but Jebus! And come on, how often do your Punter and Long Snapper go down in the SAME GAME?!?! How is it possible that all this ridiculous shit happened in one game and yet, until about half way through the 4th quarter we were still winning?
So I think it's safe to say we've still got some lingering questions in ol' duders head. Actually, there's the whole list of 'em...which I've neatly compiled for you below. Feel free to peruse them at your leisure and I'd love to hear your answers on the other side.
1. Why did it seem like no one was getting open?
2. What the hell is wrong with Willie Colon's brain?
3. Have you ever seen Mike Tomlin that fired up for a game?
4. What do you suppose Brandon Jacobs was thinking when he got stopped cold on 4th down?
5. What is all this shit about Vietnam?
6. Not ONE sack? Really?
7. Keisel looked diesel, right?
8. What, is Heath Miller hanging out with Max Starks too much? Throw him the ball a couple more times, maybe?
9. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Willie Colon's brain?
10. Limas Sweed only got thrown to like four times. How did he manage to fumble?
11. Tell me how we gave up more yards to Derrick Ward than Brandon Jacobs?
12. How awesome is Nate Washington's flat top fade?
13. Willie Gay was a pleasant surprise, wasn't he?
14. What would Brady Quinn do?
15. Since when does Ben have a problem scoring one TD in 3 minutes to tie up a ball game?
So am I alone in all this? Am I taking crazy pills? Was that one too many movie references for today?
Either way, a few administrative things. Number one, check out how hot Justin Hartwig's date/girlfriend/wife was at Steelers Style 2008...
And number two, check out how seriously Jeff Reed took this event...
The T-Shirt tuxedo-esque shirt with tie? Classy move, Jeff. I hope you had some Natural Lights backstage to complement that mess. Actually, I might make that my Halloween costume. What's scarier than Jeff Reed in "formal" attire? I can't think of anything.