December 6, 2008

OFTOT Week In Review - Week 14...

Alright, this is going to sound super non-heterosexual, but I admit, I used to watch The OC for a bit. Like, at least when it first came on, and wasn't full of completely ludicrous [but entertaining] plotlines like a smoking hot lesbian bartender who sort of wants to be straight, but not really. So for God knows what reason, I was thinking about that show today and it occurred to me - how ridiculous was that character, Ryan?

You'll remember, this is the dude who was more or less the "main" character, supposedly transplanted from the rough streets of Chino to the cushy mansions and fancy tea parties of Newport Beach, out in Orange County.

Nice premise, I suppose.

But honestly, I think the casting probably could have been better. I mean, just look at this dude...

Boy, does he scream mean streets or what? I mean, Christ, he almost looks more "OC" than his buddy Adam Brody. Like, this guy could easily have rung you up at Hollister recently. Or helped an old lady across the street. Dude is super fruity looking, like Matt Hasselbeck. And trust me, I know what fruity looks like...wait, what?

Anyways, I guess the whole thing was kind of ridiculous to begin with. I mean, what lawyer from Orange County would ever run into and adopt a kid from Chino in the first place? I did, however, enjoy their casting of Peter Gallaghers sick bushy ass eyebrows as the OC lawyer/father. Those things are fierce! Just look at 'em...


OH, and let me tell you one more thing - this chick here, is NOT that hot...

Ok, by celebrity terms, I guess, is what I mean. Plus, she annoys the hell out of me. So that might have something to do with it. That aside, I'd still probably make out with her.

But enough about that teeny bopper drama horseshit. Despite what this post might suggest, we DID talk about some Steelers-related topics a little bit this week, including the following...

1. Reviewing the most pressing Steelers issues in advance of last Sunday's game...

2. Celebrating a very satisfying win...

3. Picking on the Browns, Ravens, and of course, Plaxico Burress...

4. Laughing at how utterly stupid the outtake reel continues to be...

5. Politely pointing out some of Tony Romo's more "famous" performances...or is that "infamous?"

6. Declaring war on the environment...

7. Comparing notes with our upcoming opponent, the Cowboys...

8. Sending a message back to the NFL...

9. Adding a new feature, griping about upcoming finals and questioning the logic behind dragging your child around on a leash...

10. Meeting a few new friends and getting to know older ones even better...easily...yet again...

11. Spending the last few hours before the weekend laughing at pictures of the Cowgirls...

And for all you weekend rockers, this week's riffs were...
1. High & Mighty - Mos Def & Mad Skillz
2. My Name Is Mud - Primus
3. Paul Revere - Beastie Boys
4. Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
5. Murder Was The Case - Snoop Doggy Dogg

Bonus Selection...
Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

Other notes include - yes, there should be a new episode of the [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show around Noon on Sunday. And yes, there should be a liveblog on Sunday afternoon for this Cowgirls game.

Until then, don't do anything I wouldn't do. Actually, you know what? Go ahead and do everything I wouldn't do. Because besides Steelers-Cryboys, the only thing I'm doing this weekend is studying Property, Intellectual Property, and Legislation/Regulation.

See ya Sunday, kids!

4 comments:

big TC said...

pretty good week!!
good choice with once in a life time, can't go wrong with the talking heads.

it sucks, i wont be here for the live blog, though on the plus side i'll be AT the game, so go steelers!

tiny350Z said...

Isn't he the d-bag who tried "cage fighting" towards the end of that show? He wouldn't last a second in an mma fight. I think I could beat that guy up.
The OC, like Grey's Anatomy - is one of those shows I haven't seen one minute of.

Anonymous said...

Can't stop staring at Peter Gallagher's eyebrows.

He has a pretty good singing voice, as well.

/Total Broadway hag.

domski43 said...

Congrats cotter for inviting me to your coming out party.

The OC = gaybar