October 25, 2008

OFTOT Week In Review - Week 8...

So I think I owe you all an apology. I really f'd this week all up. I was basically a ghost. No commenting. Barely any at least. That's not how I like it to be around here. After all, I really started this thing in order to talk about the Steelers, and of course, pizza, with anyone who will listen. So when I don't get to participate in the conversation, frankly, it upsets me. Seriously, I'm totally crying right now. Balling like a little girl. Like Paris Hilton when she found out she had herpes (I have no idea if that's true or not...her having herpes, not even the crying part...I probably just made that up).

But, you know how it is. We all have real jobs, and I am no exception. I've also got that whole school thing going on which doesn't exactly help. And for some reason, when it rains, the shit rains down all at once. This week tired me out, man.

I'm just beat. Thank God I'm out here in good ol' rural PA. I honestly thought I had forgotten what fresh air smelled like. No, not cow pastures. Like the country, man. I love it out here. For as much as I love the city, I can't help but feel a lot more relaxed when I'm hanging out among the corn fields and what not. But talk to me Sunday and see if I still feel that way.

Anyways, even though I was a complete waste of life this week (read: no different than normal), it still managed to come through as one of the best week's in OFTOT "history." And yeah, we dealt with some angry Ravens fans. But, admit it. If you lived in Baltimore, you'd be angry too.

So with that as the backdrop, I give you OFTOT's weekly editorial highlights and lowlights..

1. We had our biggest guest so far on the [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show - Gnats...

2. We celebrated Mewelde Moore's 121 yard, 3 TD performance...

3. OFTOT > Browns, Bengals and Ravens...

4. Tobiathan taught us all some IM speak...

5. This picture STILL needs a caption...

6. Yo, this Plax...yeah, what up?

7. We commemorated my Mom's birthday...

8. So yeah, Troy is concussed...seven times over...

9. We had are still having some back and forth with Ravens sympathizers...

10. Five downs questions with Fifth Down contributor, John Woods...

11. Terrell Suggs' gums are eating his teeth...

12. The good. The bad. And New York City.

13. We got to know each other a little better...

14. Oh Sansmokio, what hast thou doneth?

15. Tec and I clarify the rules for T-Sizzle...

Also, check Tecmo and I out, breaking down this Sunday's game on the New York Times' football blog, The Fifth Down. I can't definitively speak for both of us, but I imagine Tecmo feels the same - this was an awesome opportunity and we really appreciate it. John Woods, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

And for you music lovers out there...the riffs:

1. Peace Frog - The Doors (2:00 - end)
2. For Boston - Dropkick Murphys
3. Erase Replace - Foo Fighters (2:20 - end)
4. My Favorite Accident - Motion City Soundtrack (1:50 - end)
5. Late - Kanye West

Bonus selection...
Under Pressure - Queen

Aside from that, I'll see you all Sunday. We'll have a brand new [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show for you. AND the usual badass liveblog with Tobiathan (as far as I know?). So keep your eyes peeled for all that noise. And thank you for your patience with me this week. Although, if you've read this blog for any amount of time, I suppose I owe you and even bigger thanks for your patience. I'm not sure I've ever quite gotten the hang of this whole blogging thing. Oh well, maybe next year.

Cheers to a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barring nuc-u-lar catastrophe or tornado-induced electrical outage it is ALWAYS safe to assume the Tobiathan's Kicking Your LiveBlog Ass.

Word.

PS- Ray Lewis is a POS murderer and trash. But don't don't tell him *i* said it....

Anonymous said...

For everyone's reference, this article proves, once again, why Pittsburgh is awesome, especially the Penguins.