October 14, 2008

AFC North Headline Of The Day...


Today, I've got a couple. First, the headline above. Yep, I pretty much can't say that this analysis is that far offbase. I mean, not taking them lightly aside, just look at the franchise's body of work over the last 20 years. Makes you wonder why it was the BROWNS that moved to Bawlmore and became the Ravens. Hey, I've got an idea. HIRE A [redacted] GM!

Next, there's this...

Ok, as much as I said I wouldn't mind Carson Palmer playing Sunday, I have to admit, that headline looks pretty good. Unlike Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is...well, see here. That's as much as I'll say about that. Any little advantage helps.

One thing I will say, though, is - Did I hear someone on ESPN talking about the possibility of Tommy John surgery? Alright guys, let's just step back for a moment. As far as I can tell, a "sore" passing elbow does not equal Tommy John surgery. Let's not forget that nine days ago he threw for 217 yards and 2 TDs against the Cowboys. Doesn't sound like it's that bad, if you ask me.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a blogger, not a Doctor. In fact, I don't even understand science. I'm the biggest science idiot I know. You know what I know about science? The chemical composition of water is H2O...and I probably only remember that because H2O is the name of a punk band I used to listen to...yep, not smart.

Maybe these links will help me understand a little better...

Master Fly W Large Returns [Post-Gazette]

How had I never heard of the Browns #2 fan? [Deadspin]

Make a trade with Dave and help him parlay a Terrible Towel into season tickets [SteelersTrade.com]

This is worth a look solely for Tec's reference to Etonic track suits [PSAMP]

Eli vs. Peyton - This is where MJD stands...where I stand is, "Screw you, Eli! I thought you were a sure thing against the Browns so I sat your underproducing brother in fantasy, only to watch you match his TD total with INTs. You're a real dick." [MJD]

Romo out for a month...but don't worry, he'll be back for December 7 [ESPN]

ADDENDUM: State of the Steelers Injury Situation, Per Mike Tomlin...
Keisel - Back
Carey Davis - Out
Dallas Baker - Out
Big Snack - A little groin problem (Questionable)
Fast William - Questionable
Jeff Reed - Questionable
Marvel Smith - Questionable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H20 GO!

Lets go Sci - ence!