March 9, 2009

You Said It, Lady...


All you need is the first five seconds of that one to know what I'm talking about. And actually, I'd counsel you not to watch much further than that. Because frankly, it's all downhill from there.

Unless, of course, you've got a few thousand brain cells you don't need...

Coincidentally, I think this chick may be on to something. This seems like a fantastic way to learn your NFL history.

Unfortunately, the first five seconds of this one aren't nearly as accurate...or amusing, for that matter...


Anyways, this weekend's biggest Steelers news was that Bryant McFadden is now an Arizona Cardinal.

My initial thought? What if you had a former friend who, every time you stopped dating a girl, would immediately pursue them like Romeo Crennel pursues a donut?

I mean, you wouldn't really care - after all, they're all girlfriends you've dumped. And yet, part of you still wants to punch him in the face for being such an aggressive douchebag.

It would be really easy for me to make the "Raising Arizona" or "Pittsburgh West" jokes here. But there would be a huge picture of those jokes next to the word "lame" in the dictionary.

And I can't really express my thoughts on this any better than I did on Twitter last night...


Some of you might argue that this is more shocking than the day you found out that Santa Clause was just some cruel joke. But you people would be kidding yourselves. And probably also huffing glue. Don't even try and lie, if I told you before free agency began that Bryant McFadden would sign with the Cardinals, you'd have believed me in a heartbeat.

I gotta hand it to Arizona, though, man. In the past week, they've really made it rain in proportionately-Daniel-Synder-esque fashion. Kurt Warner for 2 years, $23 million last week. Bryant McFadden for 2 years, $10 million this week.

However, one does wonder - With all this spending, how WILL they have the money and cap space to restructure Anquan Boldin's contract?

Oh well, not my problem.

So we lose a solid Corner who may/may not grow up to be a Pro Bowler someday (PS - he's already 27). Willie Gay looked pretty good last year in his limited action. I'm not really too worried about it.

I mean, if he knows as much about playing Corner as he does about public relations, we should be just fine...

Lil' Jon's laughing all the way to the bank, kid.

RIP B-Mac's career in Pittsburgh.

He was a good man, and thorough.

Any reactions or did those videos put you at a loss for words?

Obligatory Footer - If you haven't already, become a fan of OFTOT on Facebook, join the blog network and follow me on Twitter. Or don't. Your choice, really.

6 comments:

domski43 said...

if the cards only offered him 10 million, i wonder what the steelers offered him?


hopefully this means that harrison and a few other steelers coming up for new contracts can get signed.

Noah said...

at least the Pens won again.....

Shawn said...

whoa...whoa...whoa....

What do you mean Santa Claus is a cruel joke?!?

Anyway...the org has shown themselves to be a good judge of talent and not willing to overpay for it.

The Jets got Fanaca last year, but he wasn't the same player.

Now, I wouldn't say McFadden is past his prime, but the wizard will work his magic.

Anonymous said...

My initial thought? What if you had a former friend who, every time you stopped dating a girl, would immediately pursue them like Romeo Crennel pursues a donut?

I mean, you wouldn't really care - after all, they're all girlfriends you've dumped. And yet, part of you still wants to punch him in the face for being such an aggressive douchebag.


I referred to it as eating our tablescraps, but I like this analogy better. It's getting annoying.

Cotter said...

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that Anthony Smith is now a Packer.

I have no idea how that news could have gotten lost in the mix...

/of course I do

lumpkinbd said...

Hey I just stumbled upon your blog and I have to say I like it. Feel free to stop by mine and check it out. lumpkinbd.blogspot.com