September 22, 2008

AFC North Headline of the Day...


This one's gonna read like a book. Here's the awful beginning, with the Associated Press already highlighting Cleveland's desparation. I'd say it's tough to be desperate when you're only two games (now three) into the season. But somehow, I just can't do that for the Browns. Sorry jagoffs, it's gonna be a long season for ya. Of course, after last night, I could easily say the same about the Steelers. What with the "Offensive" line n'at. But we'll wait on that one for a bit...

Then, there's this...

Uh, this seems to imply that at one point the wheels were on. Whatever. Whether that was the case or not, the Browns, like their bottom feeding, Ohio-dwelling brethren, fell to 0-3 and have now lost to half the division and it's only Week 4.

Which provides a great segue into the punctuating headline...

I'll tell you what's left to say - put Brady Quinn in. I think it might be time to officially begin Brady Quinn watch 2008. Anybody interested in starting a pool as to when he'll make his first start?

Anyways, while we're licking our wounds from last night, perhaps these links will help (minus obviously the last one)...

Monday Morning Chrysler New Yorker [PSAMP]

Sure looks like Juqua Parker knows how to choke a bitch Big Ben [Hockey, Football and Stiletto Shoes]

Yeah, what about that 4th down call [Joey Porter's Pit Bulls]

Hmmm, this certainly doesn't bode well [Post-Gazette]

Not like I want to relive it, but I gotta give this to Dawkins...sick play [The 700 Level]

4 comments:

domski43 said...

good thing the browns signed jamal lewis and donte stallworth to long term contracts.

phil savage is a genius!

Anonymous said...

Well now, the latest report from ESPN says that they're giving Quinn "more reps this week" in an effort to "get him ready to go". So I'm guessing that they're giving Anderson one more shot against the Bengals...and if he blows it, they will bench him during the game in favor of Quinn.

And...as much as I hate to give credit where credit is not due, the Bengals actually didn't look too bad against the Giants. So they might actually make things difficult for the Browns...

Therefore, I predict that Quinn be the starting QB by the 3rd quarter of next weeks game.

tecmo said...

I think Anderson will start this week, but Quinn will play if they keep sucking.

Oh, and what's the quote about "great minds?" I didn't even see your links when I made mine today, and we got two of the same.

tecmo said...

PS - Did you DVR the game? Cos I don't think I can re-watch that sack of shit when we tape the Ravens pregame.