March 26, 2007

Things We Have Been Saying for Months for $1000 Please Alex?


Well alright, so I took a few days off. I need to do that from time to time, you know, recharge the batteries so to speak (or recover from minor alcoholic stress). But never you fear, I'm back and raring to go...well I'm back at least.

So according to a report in this morning's Post-Gazette, new Steelers head honcho Mike Tomlin believes that former LB Joey Porter is replaceable. While I'm sure this isn't really news to any avid Steeler fan (IE - you and your buddies had probably been foreboding this for months, maybe even the last year), I do think it's pretty humorous that he has the balls to come right out and say it.

The good news is throughout the story, Tomlin's quotes show wisdom beyond his years. I particularly liked his closing comment - "It's all a rerun to me, it really is, and the reactions that go with it. Yes, I'm the head coach now but it's nothing I haven't seen before. Change is part of this business, it's going to happen. Sometimes it's going to be more unpleasant than others, but it's the nature of what we do."

Remember folks, change is a constant, but as Steeler fans, we're lucky to be blessed with a pretty capable replacement already in James Harrison (aka Silverback...if you haven't noticed Cowher calling Harrison "Silverback" go watch your Steelers Super Bowl XL DVD again, it's in there).


Digg!

No comments: