January 3, 2009

OFTOT Week In Review - Playoffs Week 1...

Hey, so no Steelers game this weekend. Weird.

But at least we've got some interesting games to take in, beginning with Falcons-Cards today at 4:30. Well, ok, the interesting games really start tonight at 8 with Indy-San Diego, but technically there is something resembling a game on at 4:30.

In advance of this, my buddy Holly, who you may remember has been part of MPIE on numerous occasions in the past, put together a little playoff pick 'em pool type deal and was kind enough to include me.

So I figured I'd share my picks and justifications with y'all just for shits and giggles. And I'd love to know your picks in the comments.

In chronological order, here they are...

Arizona vs. Atlanta
You know who wins here? Nobody. Not either team, and certainly not the people watching this one who aren't Falcons or Cardinals fans. So I'm taking a pass. Just kidding, I'll take the Cardinals. Why the eff not? Kurt Warner is old.

Indy vs. San Diego
Indy, because it's Holly's team. Kidding [emoticon winking]! I just have a feeling that ol Norv Turner's still got a little failure left in him for 2009. Plus, I hate Philip Rivers (I know, who doesn't?). Oh, and also Peyton Manning's commercials dominate your life. And lastly, this...


Baltimore vs. Miami
Dolphins because I'm a Steelers fan. So that's strike one for the Ravens. Also, should the Dolphins win, the Steelers would automatically play them in the next round, and I like those odds. That's strike two, you STD carrying assholes. And finally, Ray Lewis is an effing dick. Strike three! Eat it, old-Browns! Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if the score ends up being something like Ravens Defense, 800 - Chad Pennington, 0. So take that for what it's worth. And my sincerest apologies to any Ravens fans whose delicate sensibilities I've offended with my colorful language and unnecessary level of anger.

Philly vs. Minnesota
Ok, one of two things will happen here. Either the Eagles will win decisively, because the Vikings have approximately 0 Offense outside of Adrian Peterson, and the Eagles run D is pretty solid. Or, Donovan McNabb turns the ball over like six times in the first half and at that point, the whole thing is moot. Eagles and a 1/5 of Vodka so I can get this bitter taste out of my mouth.

So now that you know where I stand, let's review OFTOT's editorial endeavors of the Post-Season Week 1. This week, we...

1. Shared a laugh over Cleveland's firings...

2. Recapped last Sunday's dominance over the Browns...

3. Poked fun at the division and even opened it up to the rest of the NFL...

4. Attempted to caption the ridiculousness of one Ravens fan who looked like Baltimore's answer to Harry Potter...

5. Are you there, God? It's me, Benjamin.

6. Marveled at Alan Faneca's beautiful mustache...

7. Reviewed a years worth of OFTOT's "Best Photoshops"

8. New Year, New MPIE panel...

9. I shared some of my feelings on Hoboken and dog shit...

10. I alerted y'all to the "healthy" debate going on over at YouTube between Titans and Steelers fans...

And in case you missed it yesterday, the riffs now have a new home on these here internets - their very own, brand spanking new, blog. So here's this week's traditional riffs post for you to enjoy.

I think it goes without saying that there will be no liveblog or show this week, since, you know, the Steelers aren't even playing. But never you fear, next week we should have a special playoff edition of the [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show and perhaps a little liveblog action.

Until Monday, keep it real, kids. I'll just be anchoring myself to my couch now.

Cheers!

No comments: