Yikes, I'll bet the emergency rooms of Pittsburgh were up to their ears in cardiac arrests last night!
Turnover after turnover after turnover, and yet, just three points.
And I mean, Jeff Reed missed a field goal? Albeit a 45 yarder, which is no chip shot on a normal day at Heinz, let alone on a bitterly cold one.
And wait, Heath Miller fumbled? I guess we can check that one off on the list of things that only happen once in a blue moon.
If you had told me all this without telling me the final score, I'd have probably assumed that the Steelers lost.
But thankfully, that was NOT the case!
After scoring 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to tie it up with 2 minutes left, Deshea Townsend, an unlikely hero, sealed the deal with a beautiful pick six that just might have been partial payback for Super Bowl XXX. Sure, it wasn't nearly of the same magnitude. But, isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?
Whoa, Alanis Morisette. That's when you know things have gone from bad to worse at OFTOT.
Anyways, while I think it's discouraging that our Offense couldn't get anything going for basically three quarters, they got it going when it mattered most - in the clutch. And I'll take that over a loss, every day of the week.
So let's just get right to it - this week's "Things That Were Awesome," "Things That Were Not Awesome," and "Things That Nearly Landed Me In Intensive Care"...and once that's over, give us all yours in the comments! Not you, Cowboys fans. If you're here to talk shit, you might as well click away now. Nobody wants to hear your crying...
THINGS THAT WERE AWESOME
1. Troy's league-leading 7th INT on 3rd play of the game! And Domski called it!
2. Stopping Cowboys on 4th down, twice in the 1st half!
3. Ike Taylor got a pick! I mean, he actually caught the ball! And I called it!
4. Watching TO bitch on the sidelines!
5. James Farrior - a sack and 12(!) total tackles, 6 solo!
6. Nate Washington on the game tying drive - 3 catches for 51 (of 67 total on the drive) yds!
7. Silverback - 1 sack/forced fumble and 5 solo tackles. Still a monster!
8. Sansmokio's 35 yard punt return!
9. Heath Miller's TD!
10. Deshea's knife in the Cowboys gut for the win!
...Sidebar - Can you tell that these things enthused me?
THINGS THAT WERE NOT AWESOME
1. 5 sacks on Ben, all in the 2nd half
2. Anthony Smith - Fighting, dude? You're lucky you weren't flagged!
3. Getting 0 on our 1st drive in the 2nd half then letting the Cowboys score 7
4. Jeff Reed missing a 45 yarder (though I'd like to give him a pass)
5. Going into the half tied at 3 despite 4 Dallas turnovers and a variety of Dallas injuries
THINGS THAT ALMOST LANDED ME IN INTENSIVE CARE
1. Mitch Berger - two punts under 20 yds and a net avg of 32 yds
2. Ben's fumble in the 2nd quarter
3. Can we please stop showing Michael Phelps at football games? Seriously. I know this was the Ravens game, but come on. Isn't his 15 minutes up until 2012?
4. Tashard Choice - 166 total yards, 88 rushing (most by any back vs. '08 Steelers)
5. Going for it on 4th down at the goal line and getting stuffed!
And as has been the case lately, here's some pictures to enjoy as well...
Nikki pups was ready to rumble...
How sweet it was! By the way, does Larry Foote's tattoo say "I Go Hard?"...that's what she said.
Now, there's something I haven't seen 14 other times this season!
Heath was available for piggyback rides after the game as well...
PS - is that blood on his pants?
Something about that visor just makes Sansomkio look real badass.
Yep, that's a hole, alright.
Aw, Ben loves you too, Demarcus...and also, Kemoeatu FAIL!
Hey Wade, I see that you have the same jacket as me, but with the Cowboys colors. Congratulations, I hope you like it as much as I do. Good game, too...ish.
Abort! Abort! We have been spotted!
Unfortunately, the Ravens won again last night, which puts them at 9-4. Still just a game behind us. And by the way, whoever it was that told me during the liveblog that the Ravens wouldn't capitalize on turnovers - 14 points off of two in the 1st quarter (of their 24 total points) last night. Just sayin'...
10-3! Ravens next week! It's gonna be a good one! I can't wait!
Now, my friends, the floor is yours...