Hey guys, listen, I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is, that game yesterday didn't really mean anything big. The bad news is, it meant that the Steelers are apparently not ready to go toe to toe with the AFC's 1 seed.
But hey, we're still guaranteed the 2 seed. We've still got a 1st round bye. And we play the Browns this coming Sunday...who got shut out yesterday by...the BENGALS!
So yeah, of course I'm irritated. I was angrier than anyone yesterday. I was jumping around in the back room of the bar to the point that they were probably considering either cutting my ass off or sending my ass home. But, you want me to take that as a measure of how the Steelers will do in the playoffs? I hope not.
Turnovers. We served 'em up yesterday like they were going out of style.
Bottom line = You just can't win with four Offensive turnovers.
So let's not belabor the point. Here are this week's "Things That Were Awesome," "Things That Were Not Awesome," and "Things That Made Us Look Fraudulent."
THINGS THAT WERE AWESOME
1. Big Ben threw for 331 yards and 2 TDS!
2. Santonio had 5 catches for 93 yds and one serious TD catch!
3. Farrior had double digit SOLO tackles (10)!
Not on this play, though...
4. Silverback = your new Steelers single season sack record holder.
5. Hines Ward is hard as hell. 7 catches, 109 yds, 1 excellent TD!
THINGS THAT WERE NOT AWESOME
1. Silverback hurt.
2. Big Ben hurt.
3. We lost.
4. We lost.
5. We lost.
THINGS THAT MADE US LOOK FRAUDULENT
1. Big Ben's fumble on the 2nd drive of the 1st quarter.
2. Big Ben's fumble on the 1st drive of the 2nd quarter.
3. Big Ben's interception on the 3rd drive of the 3rd quarter.
4. Big Ben's interception on the last drive of the 4th quarter.
5. Jeff Reed missed a 33 yarder?
11-4, with the Browns coming to Pittsburgh next Sunday. Ken Dorsey.
Need I say more?
So let's just take the week and do some deep thinking...
And just for fun, here are yesterday's most memorable visuals...
Kerry Collins didn't throw any picks that I'm aware of...
Wait, Willie Parker played? Who knew?
I knew I shouldn't have eaten that second chimichanga before the game!
Oh no, not again!
What are you so happy about, you fat piece of shit? You still only average 3 yards per carry. Eat less Little Debbie, dickface.
At least Kearse's towel is regulation...
Unlike Keith Bulluck. Must've bought that monstrosity off of one of the dish washers at LP Field.
Yep, alright. Eat a dick, Jeff and we'll see ya in January...Oh, and take off those sunglasses. You look like a fruitcake.
Aw man, you guys, I am so high right now...
Hey, you think yesterday was tough for the Steelers? How about Whisenhunt's Cardinals? FAIL BLOG CITY! 41-7. Kurt Warner for MVP, you say? Eek...
And how 'bout them Browns? 14-0, Cincy. CINCY! Ryan Fitzpatrick. Congratulations, Cleveland. Win or lose Sunday, you 'effing suck.
Now, if you'll excuse me, there's three days until Christmas and I've got approximately 78 beers in my fridge. I'll see you guys in the new year!
I'll be here later. And tomorrow.
Other Moderately Interesting Crap
- Someone's Got A Staph Infection In The Brain...
- So THIS Is What 63 Diamonds Looks Like...
- Bosom Buddies?
- Rodney Harrison Is Done Playing With Balls...
- Good To See Everyone Kept Their Pants On...
- He Must Think "White" House Is A Racist Term...
- [Unnamed] Steelers Pregame Show
- AFC North Headlines of the Day...
- Meeting People Is Easy...