December 24, 2008

AFC North Headline Of The Day...


Ok, there are really NO headlines from the division worthy of a spot in the AFC North Headline of the Day today. So I've turned my sarcasm inward and gone the route you see above.

First of all, if you haven't seen it, Tec's got the video link, and it's definitely worth a watch.

Second of all, to anyone who thinks Tomlin's a scrooge, eat it.

If I were the Head Coach of a football team and some broadcaster dressed as Santa showed up to hijack my presser for five minutes, I'd be relatively unamused myself. I doubt Tomlin enjoys these things much in the first place. But to have to sit there while Santa goes nuts, talking about how fat Casey Hampton is, plugging Jim Wexell's book and generally being crazy...weak! FIVE minutes! I'll bet that's like 1/3 of the duration of Tomlin's normal pressers. I think one or two would've been sufficient, myself.

Anyhow, I particularly enjoyed that last line in the story above...

"Later, the Steelers said there would be no further appearances from Santa at any of their news conferences."
Too bad they didn't also say there would be no further appearances by Steely McBeam.

Guess we'll just have to wait until next Christmas on that one?

Tomlin may not have been amused with Santa's douchebaggery, but these links are here to thoroughly amuse y'all...

Here's a Christmas trip - courtesy of Madden '09 [PSaMP]

Happy Anniversary Immaculate Reception! Or as Stephen A. might say, the "Miraculous Reception" [HHR]

More on the 30 year Anniversary, and a link to Frenchy Fuqua's "Immaculate Confection" [5 Golden Rings]

I hope to join Sean's ranks after this weekend...playing for all the fantasy marbles Sunday! [Sean's Ramblings]

Charles [the pug] wishing y'all a very Merry Christmas! [Superhero.]

I said it myself way back in September, Shorty. Good call [Milk Was A Bad Choice...]

No comments: