September 26, 2008

Quoth The Wood, Nevermore...


Alright, dudes et dudettes, we're three days away from our Monday Night Melee with the Bawlmore Ratbirds. And as is to be expected, I've been anxious since at least Wednesday. Over the last few years we've had some good battles with the dirty birds, and I expect nothing less from this one.

The Ravens are going to come correct (I don't really know what this means, I'm just using it because I hear it's some hot new slang), rushing Ben from all angles. So it could easily be a long evening for us Steelers fans. Nevertheless, anytime Silverback and Hines Ward are involved, we'll likely be hitting them just as hard as they hit us.

Anyways, in anticipation of Monday, here are a few things I'll be watching...

#1 - Wreckingball
Yes, I'm leading with the obvious one. So sue me. But obvious or not, this is what I think many of us have been waiting for. We'll finally get a real chance to see what our first round "steal" can do. I fully expect him to run his ass off, but I'd be lying to you if I said I think he's going to eclipse the century mark. If he does, great, and I'll gladly sing his praises soulfully. If he does not, well, he's fired. No, just kidding. Moving on...

#2 - Big Ben's Arm
Accordingly, if the Ravens manage to contain the Wreckingball force, it'll be up to Big Ben. Which actually, worries me slightly, only because he's clearly banged up and I just don't know if he'll have his normal cannon equipped (wow, that sounded very WOW). But really, I think I'll be watching the following group of massive human beings more...

#3 - [Connect The Dots]
The Offensive line. Drawing the ire of Steelers fans from Pittsburgh to Hong Kong this week, the maligned group of hefty gentleman will have a tall order in the face of Baltimore's blitz. Need I remind you of this hit from two years ago? Yeah. Wear your big boy pants, Willie Colon. I don't wanna see The Mad Backer anywhere near Big Ben if you can help it. Impress me, dick face.

And that about wraps it up. Nothing mind blowing, I'm sure. But who am I to waste your time writing shit you could read about in 25 other places?

So, what do we think?

Oh, and if you're looking for another reason to hate Baltimore (who isn't?), here's one - Michael Phelps. I'm over this guy. Can we just move on? 8 gold medals or whatever. Great. That's just friggin' great. I still don't understand how this makes him attractive to the ladies...of course, I clearly don't understand how anything makes one attractive to the ladies, or I'd probably have a girlfriend. Oh, well. Maybe if I spent less time blogging...

Lastly, as per Friday custom, check out TSW's Friday Football Foodie. This week, she's got Hot Pizza Dip for you, which actually looks amazing. I will fully be attempting domestication for this one. Bryan is a lucky man.

Let the discussion commence.

1 comment:

Lori said...

There's a general consensus between the myself and the ladies I know that Michael phelps is beautiful... from the neck down. I I tend to mute the TV when he speaks, but maybe I just can't handle the gems of wisdom. Nice guy, but I'm over it, also. Next!