May 27, 2008

Wrap-Up: OFTOT's Digital Suggestion Box...

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who offered their feedback via what I dubbed "OFTOT's Digital Suggestion Box." My whole intention in asking for your thoughts was to better offer you what YOU want. Because I can guess what that might be. But why do that when I can get it straight from the horse's mouth?...Not that you guys are horses or anything...that is, unless you want to be.

Anyways, I just wanted to address a few things I noted. Just to clarify.

1. "Whining" -- As I'm sure you all know, we try not to make this our style. But we do respect other people's rights to express their opinions however they so choose. Nonetheless, if you ever feel like someone is "whining" unnecessarily (including and perhaps most especially myself or Domski), please add your own two cents to the mix. We love healthy debate and I think most of our commenters do too. Besides, this is the interweb. Also known as the second home of some of the world's biggest whiners. If you know what I mean...

2. Meeting People Is Easy -- It seems there is some confusion around this feature. What this is meant to be is just an opportunity for readers and friends of OFTOT to present themselves to the OFTOT community on a more personal level. Especially now, with it being the offseason, it seemed like a good time to try this. And to be honest, it is a lot of work. But I was hoping that if I kept it up, more people would be interested in participating. Although that has not happened yet, I'm still holding out hope. So if you haven't already been involved with this and would like to be, we would be happy to have you. Just shoot me an email and we'll get it going...

3. Domski -- You may have noticed me using the article "we" when talking about the blog lately. This is not just a clever editorial decision. Since Domski did such a bang up job filling in for me and thoroughly enjoyed it, he's agreed to continue contributing on a regular basis. I feel like this will be a great opportunity for us to bring you guys MORE of what YOU want. Not to mention also give you an alternative voice around here, lest we not keep things interesting...

4. Dinosaurs -- Boy, were we excited that the winning vote-getter in "What do you want to read more of on OFTOT?" was Dinosaurs. Really this is just evidence that the majority of you out there appreciate the ridiculousness of this blog. We're truly proud to know that you think we are the complete jackasses we try to portray with every post. And for this reverence, ye shall be rewarded with Dinosaurs...stay tuned for later in the week...

And finally, just as a general matter - I hope you guys see how much I care about bringing you content you can enjoy. I've been in this blog game for a while now and it ain't easy. Sure I am keeper of the content. But why would I only post things that are interesting to me? I, and I know Domski now too, really want your OFTOT experience to be engaging. So please, if you ever have suggestions, ideas, comments or otherwise, feel free to email us --

Cotter = onefortheotherthumb@gmail.com
Domski = domskia@gmail.com.
And now that that's out of the way, back to your regularly scheduled weekend recovery day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cotter - I can do the Meeting People Is Easy, as long as you pass along the questions by Wednesday, since I am pretty much computerless (is that a word?) on Thursdays.

As I have told you before, I enjoy reading your blog as much as I can. And I find it pretty amazing that a law student can actually find the time to keep it up!

Cotter said...

Thanks Christy, I appreciate the thoughts!

And as for finding the time to keep this thing up - you'd be surprised what you can accomplish between Midnight and 2AM...I mean...