February 27, 2008

Things I've Missed - Week of February 25, 2008...


I try. I really do try and keep up with OFTOT. And NFL news, including the combine, free agency, and Bengals getting arrested. But sometimes I'm just not able to do nearly the amount of trolling required to write something meaningful. So as usual, my apologies for the lack of susbstance this week. Someday soon I'll figure out how to balance all the shit I want to get accomplished in a day. Though I don't recommend holding your breath for such a day...

Anyways, the NFL world continues to turn without me, and some interesting things have happened already this week.

So if you're like me and just catching up on news now, you may or may not have already heard that:

  • Conveniently for the Steelers - OL is the hottest position in the 2008 offseason, including the draft. Oh well, guess we'll just have to pick up another TE in the 1st round...

  • Hatriots playoff hero Kevin Faulk was cited for having pot at a Lil' Wayne concert last Friday. Two things: 1. Who doesn't have weed at a Lil' Wayne concert? and 2. What kind of a person goes to a Lil' Wayne concert anyhow?

  • Seems like many Wide Receivers have already lost their jobs this week. Brandon Lloyd is out of Washington (winner here = Lloyd), Justin McCareins is gone from New York (winner here = McCareins), and...well that might be it. But I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that I wouldn't mind having either guy on the Steelers roster for training camp. That said - not even worth speculating about...

  • Darren McFadden ran a 4.27 40, and Vernon Gholston and Jake Long benched a lot of weight a lot of times at the NFL combine this week...PS - because [little known fact] I attended the University of Delaware, I feel obligated to point you all to the Joe Flacco highlight reel. 10 bucks says he gets drafted by the Baltimore Ravens. You heard it here.

  • NY Courts have united with NFL fans over the whole Comcast-NFL Network dispute. Good thing I still can't get Comcast here in good ol' Hoboken. Instead I get to pay for 700 channels I don't watch and have customer service reps call me every other week about the "Triple Play." Sorry dudes, I don't use the phone. It's against my religion...least it is now.

  • Under the guise of his extremely masculine alter ego, El Duderino, Cotter contributes his three to four cents on this years Oscar's Red Carpet...prepare to be riveted...

  • PS - Since some of you [if you're like me] may not read OFTOT on the weekends, you might have also missed this gem. I personally think it's one of my finer literary works...I mean, crap.
And I guess thats...uh...it? Wow, it seemed like a lot more when I was scrolling through my Google Reader for an hour. Maybe I should lay off the crack...

T-Minus 3 days 'til the weekend. God I need a vacation...

Ballhype: hype it up!

No comments: