September 11, 2007

Tis The Season For Injuries???

Disclaimer: Do not take anything I ever say about injuries to mean that I don't care that players are getting hurt. I value player's safety just as much as the next guy. But as a self respecting blogger I have to tell it like it is...and at least try and put a humorous spin on it...






I couldn't help but notice that the first weekend of the 2007 NFL season was mired with injuries, including one that's threatening paralysis! Now, not to be a dick or anything (though one could make a case...) but this could be a good example of why the NFL should shorten the friggin' preseason. I'm sure there are people out there (Domski) who want to see guys get hurt, but I think most of us just want to see some quality football, and while there was still plenty of that this past weekend, I imagine the injuries suffered by some of the league's stars will have an impact on the competitive balance in this week's matchups. I mean, maybe 2, 3 preseason games instead of 4? Would that be so bad? Does anyone even really care about preseason?

Anyways, if you haven't already heard, here's a rundown of guys you shouldn't expect to see on the field for their respective franchises this weekend:Orlando Pace, Lito Sheppard, Eli Manning, Chad Pennington(when is this guy not injured), DJ Hackett, Mike Brown(a blow my fantasy team will definitely feel), Cadillac Williams, Chester Taylor, Jason Ferguson, and the list goes on...Course instead of reading that laundry list I could have just given you this link...but what would be the fun in that?

AND finally, in other news, Master of the NFL Universe, Bill Belichick and his rowdy band of pillagers are being investigated for allegedly "stealing signs" in Sunday's game against the Jets. After watching the highlights of that game, I find it hard to believe that anyone on the Pats staff needs to steal any signs, least of all from the Jets. I think they read them well enough on the fly...so if this is true, how sad. Has the Belichick-Mangini feud gotten that out of control? Yikes.

No comments: