September 5, 2007

Give 'Em Hell Tomlin...

Well, we can all breathe out now...for the moment. Preseason is over and we had no significant complications. In fact, 4-1, although it is Preseason, is pretty damn good. Still, I think while we looked good overall, the first team offense's lack of ability to score was a little bit concerning. Plus I'd be lying if I didn't say I think Ben is still trying to force some throws. Good thing I've got the cure for that -- Winning.

If the Steelers come out of the gate strong and Ben starts rolling, I'd hate to be any of our opponents weeks 8-17, 'cause if we're 6-0, 5-1, 4-2, and Ben's throwing rocks, it'll be pretty tough to stop us. Fact is, we love to play from ahead. Sure, everyone does, but the Steelers more so than others in my humble opinion.

So let's get down to the million dollar question that I've asked all of you with this week's poll - How many games will the Steelers win in 2007-2008? My answer is between 10 and 12. Ok, so that's a bit of a cop out, giving a range, but I reserve that right as editor of this here weblog.

Why 10-12? Let's have a look shall we:



















Week -- Matchup
Result
Week 1 -- Steelers v. Browns (Away)
Win
Week 2 -- Steelers v. Bills (Home)
Win
Week 3 -- Steelers v. 49ers (Home)
Win
Week 4 -- Steelers v. Cardinals (Away)
Win (as if there were any doubt)
Week 5 -- Steelers v. Seahawks (Home)
Win
Week 7 -- Steelers v. Broncos (Away)
Loss
Week 8 -- Steelers v. Bengals (Away)
Win
Week 9 -- Steelers v. Ravens (Home) **
Win
Week 10 -- Steelers v. Browns (Home)
Win
Week 11 -- Steelers v. Jets (Away)
Win
Week 12 -- Steelers v. Dolphins (Home)
Win
Week 13 -- Steelers v. Bengals (Home)
Loss
Week 14 -- Steelers v. Patriots (Away)
Win
Week 15 -- Steelers v. Jaguars (Home)
Loss
Week 16 -- Steelers v. Rams (Away)
Win
Week 17 -- Steelers v. Ravens (Away)
Loss


Keep in mind, this is not necessarily how I think it will absolutely go, but rather just how it might possibly go. I mean hey, we could lose to the geriatric Trent Green, Joey Porter and the rest of the Dolphins...the beauty and the reason we keep watching is because you never know.

So of course I'd like to say we're going to run the table, but since that's not exactly realistic, you'll just have to read what I say and make up your own mind. What do you all think? How many wins? To whom will we lose? Who will shine? I'm all ears.

PS - I'll add another column, "Notes," to this table and add to it as the season rolls on....PPS - It's really hard to think objectively about Wins and Loses when you're a Steeler fan...

No comments: