August 9, 2007

Plaxico Burress - Still a Dick...

First of all, let me just say I couldn't stand Plaxico in Pittsburgh, but I really can't stand him in New York. Living in the greater Manhattan metro area, I cross my fair share of Giant fans, most of whom very boisterously make it known how much they love everything about the Giants, including Burress. And that would be ok if we were talking about reasonable people, because I'm relatively confident that if that were the case I'd be able to make a number of arguments to dissuade them on this point. But the fact is, and if you've ever lived in/traveled to this general area you'll know what I mean, these human beings are not rational. They don't really listen when you talk. All they hear are the words "Plaxico" and "sucks" and they've already started cutting you off verbally...

Anyways, the whole reason for this post was that I noticed an article today from Monday's edition of Newsday in which Plax makes the declaration that he is the #2 blocking wide receiver in the league, behind Hines Ward (technically he says he's "right next" to Hines in terms of blocking ability). Not only that, but the writer himself states that Burress's "most under rated" ability is blocking...

There's no real point in getting down any further into it, because obviously the dude still lives in his own web of lies, but if you're looking for a real load of BS, read his final comment from the article (below):

"I don't stop running my route until the ball hits the ground and I don't stop blocking until the whistle blows. If people say I'm lackadaisical, maybe it just looks that way," Burress said. "If I make things look easy or like I'm not trying hard, well, that's just the talent I'm blessed with. I don't have to be making a whole lot of faces, and straining and all that. I'm playing hard."
Uh, dude, remember that time you went down untouched, got up and immediately spiked the ball, showboating, when the play wasn't dead? Someone needs to bring this guy back to reality...

No comments: