July 21, 2007

That Cinnamon Chili Will Make You Crazy...

If you've read this blog for the last three, four months or so, you'll know full well how I feel about Cincinnati Chili - namely that it's an awful incarnation of one of my favorite foods. How you can enjoy chili with cinnamon in it is way beyond my comprehension. I think the stuff makes you nuts, and frankly no one in Cincinnati to this point has made me think otherwise (reference Chris Henry, Odell Thurman, and pretty much every other Bengal).

However, this article from this morning's Cincinnati Post seems to show some sign that not ALL Cincinnati residents (Ohioans in general for that matter) are out of their gourds.

On a list of the city's top 15 annual sporting events, Steelers Sunday is #3 right behind Opening Day (the Reds? what?) and Crosstown Shootout. What makes it even funnier is Browns Sunday comes in at #5 and the rationale for this was - "We'd have the Browns ahead of the Steelers if the Browns were ever ahead of the Steelers." I find it pretty hillarious that even their state brethren rip the Browns for continually sucking so bad. Plus, the other thing that made me laugh out loud was that Steelers Sunday also noted the caveat - "Even without Kimo Von Oelhoffen." I hear ya Cincy, "Never Forgive, Never Forget," or something like that, right? Just wait 'til Lawrence Timmons and/or Lamar Woodley meet Carson Palmer...might have to reconsider your qualifications.

7 comments:

domski43 said...

Cinnamon is for fags!

Black n Gold said...

It just speaks volumes for the loyalty and widespread coverage of Steeler fans that they can rank higher on this list than a division rival--a team with which there has been mutual hate for years. It also speaks volumes about those jerkoffs from Ohio who claim to be HUUUGE fans.

I can't really think of any other NFL cities in which this would happen. Would Chicago fans anticipate Green Bay games? Would Jets fans enjoy Dolphins games? Aren't those right up there with Steelers-Browns / Steelers-Bungles? It just goes to show that our fans are the best in the league--both inside Pittsburgh and out.

Cotter said...

In terms of division rivalries, you're absolutely right...except for maybe within the NFC East...I hear Eagles fans get rabid for Dallas, Washington or New York. I'm sure all fans, regardless of affiliation, enjoy the games because after all they are football games, but not in the way you're describing (the way in which the article stipulates).

But yeah, I think we all know that Steeler nation is both widespread and ravenous. We live for division games, especially in Ohio, and if I were a Cincinnatian (???) I wouldn't look forward to the Steelers-Bungles too much...that would be setting yourself up for a huge let down when your team ultimately gets trampled by a superior all-around Pittsburgh force.

Who ride?

domski43 said...

Biff is over my house right now playing my XBOX360..he is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!! He won't shut up...he's a young Eagle fan.

Cotter said...

Biffington O'Finnegan McFadden?

domski43 said...

Biff was in Wilmington. Supposedly he was watching Back to the Future and realized that Biff was a character. He got pissed off and started yelling..."Is this why they called me that?!?

Cotter said...

That kid is always yelling...they need to exercise some control and make him submit...they're enabling that behavior man. You should prescribe heavy viewing of the Dog Whisperer...that works just as well for kids, right?