June 14, 2007

Angry Rant of the Day...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and it really irks me to no end that many people - members of the media, bloggers, sports fans in general - have never seemed to give the Steelers much credit for the achievement of winning Super Bowl XL. Either it was because the Seahawks just didn't belong there in the first place, or that Big Ben didn't post up hall of fame numbers, or the game wasn't exciting enough...

Well let me tell you something pendejos - When in recent NFL history has a 6th seeded AFC team gone on the road and won 5 games in a row (if you include the Super Bowl) to capture a championship? That not exciting enough for you??

Some might say this sentiment came about because it was "the Colts year". Well it's been the Colts year for like the last FOUR years, supposedly (no offense Colt's fans). So I don't even want to hear that argument. Frankly, it shouldn't ever be anyone's "year." I believe the saying goes "Any Given Sunday." Rather than be disappointed the Colts couldn't pull it off, why not embrace how hard the Steelers worked and all they had going for them? (PS - I know the media hopped on the bandwagon once the Steelers made it past the Broncos so don't think I'm overlooking that fact)

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but it just seemed to me like many people thought the Steelers didn't deserve it.

Anyways, my whole point is, this Super Bowl win should not be overlooked as a fluke. As any doubters will see this coming season, despite the struggles in 2006, the Steelers will be back in the post season in 2007. I am confident that the fluke was 2006, not 2005.

No comments: