January 28, 2007

I Might Be Crazy...

but at least I'm not the only one.

I think most Steeler fans can identify with the Chicago Bears. I believe this for a number of reasons, but mostly because Bears fans, like Steeler fans, love their team more than just about anything.

This was just further reinforced this morning when I read this AP report. Citing a Chicago bar owner, it gives a close look into what it's like to be a Bears fan right now. Nothing seems to matter when your team is in the Super Bowl. I remember feeling like that last year the week before the game. No matter what was going on at work or home, I knew come that Sunday, we'd be playing for the NFL Championship and that I'd be in Pittsburgh to cheer the Steelers on. Now, winning the Super Bowl, you can't really beat that. But since the Bears aren't quite there YET, that's all I will say about it.

In the article, it notes how Bears fans say goodbye by adding "Go Bears". I know some Bears fans, and this actually is a part of their vernacular. It's not just "see ya' later", it's "take care and Go Bears!". The mark of a true football town that loves their team. Just like Pittsburgh...Just like the Steelers.

Hope everyone's weekend was relaxing and fruitful...and Go Bears!

No comments: