February 12, 2009

Time To Put Your Kevin Colbert Hat On [Day 3]...


First of all, yes, I'm using the image above again. Specifically because it disturbed some of you with it's eccentricity. Listen, I never claimed to be a straight forward guy. Straight, but not necessarily straight forward. I like to do dumb stuff like that from time to time basically because it makes ME laugh. If you don't find it as funny, so be it. But I literally laughed out loud when I was making it the other night. Thus proving that I am way too easily amused.

Anyways, when I thought about it on Tuesday, I really thought breaking up the free agents over the course of days was the way to go. Now, on Day 3, I'm thinking I would've been better off just lumping 'em all together. I mean, not like it isn't stimulating conversation or anything, but I forgot that during the offseason approximately six to eight people read this blog, two of which are family members and one of which is Domski. Oh well.

So it's Day 3 of OFTOT Free Agent Watch 2009. And today's a little odd, I'm not gonna lie. Usually I like to have some kind of method to my madness. The writing itself may be nonsensical rambling, but as you may have noticed, Day One was QBs (well, and Mitch Berger) and Day Two was Tackles. Day Three, like Charlie from "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia," is a wild card. The following four individuals may the most random pairing you'll ever hear or see. Nevertheless, today I've decided we should cover...

Nate Washington - Re-sign his life.

The pride of Tiffin University, son. Look, I could think of a lot worse #3 receivers than Nate Washington. Dude is the fastest guy on the team as far as I know, at least the fastest receiver if nothing else. And those problems he had the last couple years actually catching the ball seem to have disappeared quicker than the rapper, Nelly's career. So, like I said yesterday about Trai Essex, where exactly is the debate here?

Next, we've got...

Chris Kemoeatu - I guess?

It's too bad this had to be his first year starting because I didn't necessarily love what I saw from him. He had a lot of penalties, and wasn't exactly the road grader you see him depicted as above. But, in addition to the fact that he's still a monstrous individual with potential, I hesitate to say let him go because behind him, our options are Darnell Stapleton (who really isn't too bad), or Kendall Simmons, whichever isn't starting at RG, and um, Jeremy Parquet? I mean, he wasn't that bad, was he? Would he really command that much money?

Orpheus Roye - Ish don't think so.

Nice to have an extra able body on the line for security, but I no longer feel his services are needed. Eason and Kirschke are hanging around, Aaron Smith is healthy, Keisel is relatively healthy, yadda yadda yadda, you get the idea. Maybe keep him in the Rolodex just in case, but to be honest with you, the guy is 36. You mean to tell me there isn't anyone else that could be a serviceable backup should we need him? By the way, look at Orpheus Roye rocking that Dolce. Go 'head, playa.

And lastly...

Sean McHugh - Sure, why the hell not. I'm feelin' kind of crazy today. I mean, he's a blocking back (slash Tight End), which Carey Davis apparently is not. And that seemed to help Willie towards the end of the season and the beginning of the post-season. Not to mention I think we could probably pay him in Iron City and he'd be cool. So, I say - Go Nittany Lions!

Anyone feel like weighing in on this? Let's have it.

1 comment:

Noah said...

I'll have you know that I check your blog all the time, it's just that I don't always comment....

Anyway, Big man Orph should be cut faster than Berger can shank.....

As for McHugh - meh, why not? as you said..... I mean we have Miller as the primary receiving TE. Then we have Spaeth, who is just a huge guy at what...6'7"? You would need another blocking TE, and McHugh is it. Might as well reward the guy.....

Speaking of rewarding, if Washington isn't resigned within the next 5 months, something has gone horribly wrong....