January 16, 2009

Show Me The $$$ Your Steelers Fandom...


Alright, it's Friday. I was uncharacteristically tardy this morning, it was my birthday yesterday, and I'm nervous as hell for Sunday. So I'm gonna go light this afternoon. But somehow, I think you'll all still be interested...

I just saw this story from KDKA on some dude from Penn Hills who they deemed a Steelers "Fanatic." Of course, naturally my first question is - What Steelers fan isn't? I mean the term "fan" is derived from the term "fanatic" if I have my English correct. But then, that's besides the point.

As I'm sure y'all know full well, my living room has all but permanently been transformed into a "Steelers room" itself. I've got the banner up, the jerseys, the blanket, the hats, the helmet, the figurines, even a coaster (courtesy of Domski). Of course, unlike Mr. Penn Hills, I do NOT have...

"a cardboard replica of Heinz Field complete with players, fans and refs with yellow flags, seats made of foam and it lights up."
Nor do I have...
"a tattoo on [my] leg of every [Steelers] Super Bowl win."
Although, I do have a Steelers blog. Your move, Penn Hills.

Anyways, Domski, whose reputation of course proceeds him, also has a similar room in his house, full of even more shit. Things you probably didn't even know existed. And a pair of Super Bowl XL shoes. Pretty nice little situation he's got there, actually. The preeminent Steelers room as far as our circle of friends goes. The model for me to live up to, if you will.

But I don't imagine this is a phenomenon that's foreign to any of you.

So I'm curious, do y'all have Steelers rooms? And if so, what do you have in them? Either way, feel free to opine about whatever moves you...who am I to restrict your speech?

PS - Go Eagles.

12 comments:

tecmo said...

Shit, we you there when someone was talking about Penn Hills recently? I vaguely remember it, but can't remember why

Cotter said...

I feel like I was. But I also only have a vague recollection.

Oh shit, it was with my friend Mike! Last Saturday night, remember?

tecmo said...

Oh yeah, I knew I remembered telling you that Brittany, that girl at Bob's, was from Penn Hills.

Jeez that took awhile to remember.

/everyone else is confused

domski43 said...

correction - my shoes have all 5 super bowls on them! geez.

Anonymous said...

I have enough jerseys to wallpaper a small house, but no Steelers room.
What do you guys think, Ben or Woodley jersey for Sunday?

Cotter said...

Which have you been wearing this season?

big TC said...

let's see... i have about a bajillion jerseys and terrible towels, a joe greene, franco harris, and a superbowl edition TROY Polamaulu action figure(s). A jerome bettis and big ben fat head, steeler blanket and matching pillows, and it just goes on and on.

ooh oooh!! and a STEELY MCBEAM BOBBLE HEAD. (that i got as a joke present) I'm thinking about finding little horns and a little pitchfork for it haha.

Cotter said...

That's what I'm talking about, TC!

You should totally make it into a Steely McDevil bobble head. That'd be sick.

Noah said...

I have my fair share of Steelers stuff. You know, the uje, Jerseys, Terrible Towels, blankets, posters, steelers hummer (toy), Gregg Lloyd figurine that broke (boo), gloves, sweatshirt, shirts, etc.

Need sweatpants though.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
greg milinovich said...

my wife doesn't let me keep my stuff up all year, so it sort of comes and goes like christmas decorations. anyway, i made a video of my steeler room and you can see it here. just copy and paste the link:

http://agentorangerecords.blogspot.com/2009/01/fan-is-short-for-fanatic.html

Lizzie said...

Okay, I'm a couple days late here - busy weekend. But I recently decided I needed to comment more on the blogs I read, and here's somewhere I can sort of contribute. I live in a tiny apartment, so no space for a Steelers room... But living in Boston, just wearing my Steelers gear around town is sometimes taking my life in my hands. So for the "show me your fandom," I hope this is enough:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizziev/3207293975/