Yes friends, THE Pittsburgh Steelers are your 2008 AFC NORTH DIVISION CHAMPS!!!
An 11-3 record, another win in a string that should hopefully culminate in a clean sweep of the division, at least a 2 seed and 1st round bye in this years playoffs, and a chance to become the 1 seed this coming Sunday.
Yep, I'd say yesterday's win was pretty damn big.
As for the game itself, if I didn't know it, I'd have thought I was watching the Dallas game all over again...Minus the turnovers in our favor, sub some pretty poor Special Teams plays.
You know, it's funny, earlier in the season, I used to joke about us getting that first drive TD and then shutting down for a good two quarters at least. But at this point, I'd take that first drive TD every day of the week over waiting until the waning minutes of a tight game to finally come alive.
But hey, a win is a win, even if it did push me a few steps closer to an early grave.
Anyways, before I ramble on any longer, let's just get right to this week's "Things That Were Awesome," "Things That Were Not Awesome," and "Things That Make Me Want To Start Watching Chess." And once you've read over whatever drivel is about to come out of my mouth...errr, fingers...let us all know your thoughts on the win in the comments. Word.
THINGS THAT WERE AWESOME
1. Farrior - 12 total tackles, including 8 solo and at one point he even looked to be hurt!
2. Ryan Clark's pick!
3. Keyaron Fox's fumble recovery and run back!
4. Hines Ward - 8 catches, 107 yards, including 3 for 36 on the final drive
5. Timmons had a pretty good game (5 tackles and a sack)...
6. As did our boy, Aaron Smith (8 tackles and a sack)...
7. Alright, Santonio's TD was pretty cool...but only because it ended up being a TD...
8. Allowing the Ravens just over 200 yards, total (202)!
9. I found it rather amusing that Washington was covering Washington...
10. Winning the friggin' division...again!
THINGS THAT WERE NOT AWESOME
1. Phil Simms. Need I say more?
2. Letting La'Ron McClain amass 87 yards rushing
3. Mitch Berger's dazzling 28 yard punt
4. My attitude - I was one salty bitch for the 1st half of that game
5. How about somebody calls a hold on that LT? I think he may still be holding Silverback right now...
THINGS THAT MADE ME WANT TO START WATCHING CHESS
1. Spiking the ball at the Ravens 4 with 1:04 on the clock
2. Throwing on 3rd and 1...and Ben fumbling/throwing a pick
3. Santonio's "hands"...or lack thereof
4. Allowing a guy I've never heard of return a punt 46 yds
5. Willie Colon - False start AND Holding...big game out there for the big fella...
Titans lost to the [effing] Texans yesterday. We murdered the Texans, Week 1, 38-17. Now, I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'...
By the way, does anyone else think Todd Heap's, like, the man of glass? How many times can one guy get hurt in a career?
Ah, whatever, here's this week's flipbook...
What exactly is this all about?
Hey Ed, watch those wandering hands, will ya?
Guess those little ass teeth aren't aerodynamic enough...
Oh, I see you have friends...
Look up the definition of "lit up" in the dictionary and you may find this picture...you may also find a picture of Sansmokio, but whatever...
Get a room, you two!
Thank you...Thank you...we'll see y'all next season, then?
Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm gonna go study for another 72 or so hours straight. I'll see y'all either on Thursday afternoon or Friday, depending on how thirsty I am after my last final on Thursday at Noon. Try not to miss me too much, yeah?
Oh, and prepare for the shitstorm of people complaining about Santonio's TD...Not this guy, however! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (this guy = me)