November 11, 2008

AFC North Headline Of The Day...


Well, I guess we can officially add "quitters" to the list of things we can call the Browns. Clowns, Frowns, Gowns, Losers and now, "Quitters."

Does this surprise me? Not really. I'll bet Kellen Winslow and Braylon Edwards were having a sword fight on the sidelines. I mean, I don't have one iota of a clue as to who Lewis is talking about. Hell, this is a Steelers blog. But if I had to guess, I'd say it was at LEAST those two. Other possible options - Shaun Rogers, Brady Quinn, that ridiculous looking orange fairy thing, and Bernie Kosar.

But, you know what? From a Steelers fan's standpoint, I can't really do anything but sit back and enjoy the slow implosion of the 2008 Cleveland Browns, even with the savior, Brady Quinn leading them.

Either way, my favorite quote out of the whole article was Romeo Crennel's statement...

"The thing we didn’t do is we didn’t hold the lead and that’s the thing we have to figure out how to do...I think if we play smarter we’ll be able to hold a lead."
Come on, Romeo. What team can't hold a lead? Oh...um...never...mind...

Just...um...read...these links...

Yeah, if Troy's that good, his brother could be even better, right? What I wanna know is - what about that kid of his? Can we sign him NOW? [PSaMP]

And now we know what Matt thought about Sunday's game [Superhero.]

Speaking of the Browns and quitting... [The Legend of Cecilio Guante]

The Original Law [and Aliquippa native] back with the Jets [Associated Press]

The Steelers, on the other hand, signed Fernando Bryant [SteelCityInsider]

A unique idea for motivating the Lions QBs [The Sports Hernia]

Happy Veterans Day [Hugging Harold Reynolds]

Also, I'd like to thank all of the veterans who have served this country, myself. I know I couldn't ever do what they've done and I think we can all agree that these folks deserve a lot more than a thank you on an inconsequential Steelers blog. Nevertheless, it's the least I can do. So a big THANK YOU to all the Veterans for their contributions!

And now finally, what's wrong with this picture...?

4 comments:

domski43 said...

wonder if the bryant signing means that deshea is having more serious injury issues than we think? or mcfadden is behind schedule on his return?

Cotter said...

Could be...?

Also, of note in that same article, the Steelers signed Ryan Mundy to the practice squad...which means somewhere right now Tecmo is smiling like Hines Ward after a good stiffarm.

Business Horse said...

Mundy! What a beast in high school. Woodland Hills used to regularly destroy my face.

Also, Ben probably would ract to a loss.

tecmo said...

MUNDY!

http://psamp.blogspot.com/2008/08/ryan-mundy-makes-parties-hot-hot-hot.html