December 21, 2007

Time To See Who's Been Naughty/Nice...

PS - This guy is NOT Cotter. I am way better looking than this joker. Just so there's no confusion. Stock photography is my friend...
So it's Christmas or something, and in the spirit of holiday giving, I thought it might be fun to hand out a few gifts to some of OFTOT's friends and compatriots. Some of these you'll understand, some you won't. But in all cases I'll do my best to explain.

We'll start off with Tobiathan ~ Those of you who read OFTOT regularly will know that over the past couple of months, Tobiathan has been one of the most loyal and avid readers and adds much to the comments section and discussion sessions on this site. He's a great guy all around, and a real good sport. So I hope he enjoys the gift below.

Explanation - Tobiathan hates refs. That about sums it up. So he gets...

A referee stress doll and Alka-Seltzer. This way, everytime the Steelers get hosed, he can take it out on someone that won't actually get hurt. And after a tough loss, he'll be able to rest a little easier (but not too easy). Merry Christmas T!


Moving on, next is Domski. Again, if you read the blog with any regularity, you know that Domski is just about the best friend I have (ok the only friend...jk). And since we've been good friends for a long time, I reserve the right to call him a pussy and insinuate that he likes girly things. Hence...

Explanation - Domski is a vag. He likes the Eagles (this is a joke fyi), especially Donovan McNabb. So he gets...

A bottle of Arbor Mist, a commemorative Donovan McNabb bobble head and the DVD - Invincible. This way he can watch the Eagles inspirational story of the 20th century and enjoy fruity drinks anytime he wants. Merry Christmas you ball bag! 4th and 26...


Next up we've got Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson, or as he's calling himself these days - just Tecmo. Tec, of Pittsburgh Sports and Mini Ponies and I have become good interweb friends over the last couple months, and similar to how I described the dynamic of my friendship with Domski, I also reserve the right to make fun of Tec.

Explanation - Tec likes to make homoerotic jokes (which I always find hilarious). So he gets...

Dudes. Lots of sausage. That is all. Merry Christmas Tec, now you can get that rusty trombone you always wanted...ok, maybe that was too much.


After that comes Neal Coolong, Editor-in-Chief of Die Hard Steel and part time Eskimo (lives in Minnesota...probably in an igloo. That shit is cold man). Like Tec and I, Neal and I have become interweb friends over the course of this season and Neal always helps throw traffic my way, which I wholeheartedly appreciate.

Explanation - Neal has a lot of responsibilities. He not only maintains Die Hard Steel, but he also does a weekly column for Steel City Insider, as well as RealFootball365. Plus he has a real job. IE - the dude writes A LOT. So he gets...

A vacation...to where else but Sandals Jamaica, Michael Scott style (as the callout says). Merry Christmas Coolong! Minnesota is friggin' cold man - when you get back I expect you to do something about that...


Then there's Blitzburgh of Behind The Steel Curtain. As most of the Steelers blog gurus are, Blitz is a really good guy and has done much to get eyes on the crap that I write here at OFTOT, for which I am very grateful.

Explanation - Blitz and BTSC have just a sick community going on that is impressive by any standard. BTSC readers are rabid commenters and they get some really great discussion going on a regular basis. So Blitzburgh gets...

The Steelers social networking award. Through BTSC and the power of the internet tubes, Blitz has united one of the most wide spread fan bases of any team in any sport. Merry Christmas dude! Thanks for bringing us all together on this here interweb.


Following Blitz is Joey Porter's Pitbulls. I always love reading JPPB's stuff, and he has been a good friend to OFTOT this season - providing great color comments on a good amount of posts. Plus, he also throws much traffic my way.

Explanation - JPPB has some of the best pictures that go with his posts. And recently, he's done some excellent reconnaissance and provided us all with a sampling of the hottest Steeler girls on the interweb. So he gets...

This chick. She's pretty hot. Merry Christmas JPPB, thanks for all the support!


Subsequently we've got Jason Grabulis from Blitzburgh Report. Jay has been another great friend of OFTOT's this season. He has provided many links, and a number of great comments. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the hell I'd give Jay, so for now, he gets a big "Thanks for everything." Jay, if you read this and have anything in mind, I'll be more than happy to work some Photoshop magic for you...

UPDATE: Jay asked that I do something with this image of god's gift to the NFL, Tom Brady. And while I'm pretty sure I need not do anything to it for it to be hilarious, I did anyway. Here you go man...

Tom Brady sacked by James Farrior while looking like a total jackass. I think that's on all Steeler fans short lists this Christmas. Anyways, Merry Christmas man, enjoy!


Last but certainly not least are the guys from Doubt About It. We haven't really been as well acquainted as I have been with some of the other Steelers blog wizards, but I always love their shit, and if you haven't seen the Big Ben video game they did, go there ASAP and check it out. Some of the most genius shit I've ever seen on this here world wide web.

Explanation - Recently these guys created some great interweb controversy when one of their members mused that he wanted to fight Tom Brady after our loss to the Patriots. Needless to say Patriot fans don't understand humor and jumped all over him, which honestly made it even funnier. Anyways, so Doubt About It gets...

What else but a speed bag with Tom Brady's face on it. Practice up dudes, he'll be waiting in January. Merry Christmas you crazy assholes!


And that does it. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. But if I did, feel free to email me and I'd be happy to photoshop a gift for you. Although I'm warning you now, it may involve your face and a petting zoo...consider yourselves on notice.

MERRY CHRISTMAS STEELER FRIENDS, FROM OFTOT TO YOU!!! I hope you all have enjoyed the season thus far as much as I have. I appreciate all of your support. Cheers!

Ballhype: hype it up!

6 comments:

tecmo said...

Awesome. Nothing but dudes. Thanks, Cot.

Cotter said...

You're welcome man. Glad I could bring some joy to your man holiday.

Tell Fabio I say hello.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thanks and also for sending links my way as well. As for a photoshop, anything with this picture is fine by me: http://www.sportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/tom-brady-golf-custom.jpg

Mostly because I can never get enough of Tom Brady looking retarded.

Anonymous said...

Lol...Awesome brudda!

I need something to beat down on game days, that's fo' sho'!

And the Alka-Seltzer might prevent a Steeler and/or referee-induced ulcer. Those are never good...

Happy Holidays to all you OFTOTers too!

Thanks Cotter. Hope you get that inflatable gi...i mean, uh...FatHead of Big Ben. Probably better than getting Big Ben's Fathead, unless you're one of "those" guys :-)

See ya guys on Sunday....

Tobiathan

Anonymous said...

Nice work with the Brady pic! haha

Joey Porter’s Pit Bulls said...

A belated thanks, and cheers. Now get back to work.