August 14, 2007

If I've Told You Once, I've Told You A Thousand Times, Only FOAM Pillows for Mr. Rooney!

What a way to start off your day...

I admit, I don't think I've read The Smoking Gun for at least two years. Generally it's not my style. But I do read the Post-Gazette, at least online, and took note of Monica Haynes' feature in today's edition. Haynes points out this Smoking Gun post that talks about all the Steelers rules for life on the road, which are (what I'd qualify as) moderately interesting. I mean, they're certainly no Ozzy Osbourne-esque demands or anything, and nobody's asking for a fish bowl full of only green M&M's, but there are 17 pages of rules and regs sent to every host hotel before a road game.

For your amusement, I present the 3 more interesting/humorous ones (pointed out by Haynes) below:

  • First and foremost - Only "foam rubber pillows" for Dan Rooney. Makes sense, the delicate genius needs his beauty rest...
  • Second, and of equal importance (in my mind), ketchup on all banquet tables "MUST BE HEINZ"...Duh, is there any other brand?
  • Thou shalt not imbibe alcoholic beverages. I believe this rule was a direct result of Jeff Reed...Also, see this...
Anyways, thought you all might enjoy that if you hadn't seen it already. More substantive posts to come later as I gather my thoughts about this past Saturday's pre-season game. 'Til then, enjoy this glamour shot of gentleman and role model, Jeff Reed --

No comments: