April 29, 2007

Tony Hunt, Tony Hunt, Whereartthou, Tony Hunt?...aka 2007 NFL Draft Retrospective VII

Just a couple quick points about the Eagles drafting -

1. I'm super jealous that they picked up Tony Hunt. He was one of the two backs I thought the Steelers MIGHT take to back up Willie (Najeh at 3) - the other being Michael Bush. He's definitely the yin to Westbrook's yang, but I fear he'll be under utilized in the Eagles' West Coast offense. Good luck Tony, wish we could've gotten you into some Black n' Gold.

2. Eagles fans boo'd their first selection, Kevin Kolb, QB from Houston...and with good reason (though I don't think I'd ever boo my team's selection). This obviously means what I've said all along, the Eagles aren't convinced McNabb is their best option to win in the future. They probably think that because of his recent injury problems, whereas I think it because of that plus a general opinion that McNabb isn't "clutch" enough. Whatever. Anyways, they had their pick of QBs beyond JaMarcus Russel/Brady Quinn and they took Kolb?

Iggles are perplexing.

No comments: