April 29, 2007

4th Round Paydirt?...aka 2007 NFL Draft Retrospective Part VIII

Steelers just selected Punter Daniel Sepulveda out of Baylor and Defensive Tackle Ryan McBean out of Oklahoma State as their two 4th round guys.

Love the Sepulveda pick. I joked with Domski yesterday about the Steelers taking Sepulveda with our first round pick (JOKED = operative word), but I'm glad to see we got what we needed. Always nice to get a guy who's 6'2 1/2", 228 at PUNTER! (He's a former High School Linebacker)

McBean? I guess this is because Tomlin wants to transition to a 4-3, but I can't say I'm completely psyched about this. McBean is a smaller DT, at just under 6'5" and only 277 pounds, which is part of the reason I think the Steelers are looking at him for the 4-3. Still, he's quick and with that 6'5" frame has the potential to get bigger and bulkier. Plus, I hear he hits hard and with a "mean streak", so I like that rabid attitude.

Overall, good picks, but I guess this means we're going to leave the RB position alone? No second backup for Willie?

No comments: