January 7, 2007

Samsonite, I was way off!

Yep, that's right. Even I am wrong sometimes. Guess I just had too much faith in Larry Johnson. But to their credit, the Chiefs defense hung in there for most of that game and had their offense done ANYTHING, they very well could have won.

Alas, hindsight is 20/20.

But on to today's games:

My predictions - Pats over Jets, Eagles over Giants.

The Pats D is still pretty strong and the fact that they don't have many possible targets for Tom Brady should not be a problem since Corey Dillon and Lawrence Maroney can pound the ball with the best of them. The Jets, much like Indianapolis, can not stop the run. So ultimately IF they lose, I think this will be the main contributing factor.

As for the Eagles-Giants, I really just think Eli Manning is not ready. He may not be the QB everyone thought he was (I'd like to be the first to say I saw his problems from the time he was drafted). Plus, the Giants don't seem to have much faith in themselves or their coaching staff. A team that doesn't have a united identity and common vision will never succeed. I just think the Eagles are ready for this game. They're on a roll, and Jeff Garcia is a much better fit for that offense. I'm not saying they will go to the Super Bowl, but I think they can at least get past the struggling G-Men.

That's it for today...so far I'm 0-1 on picks, yikes...

No comments: