Thunderdome. I'm sure I don't have to quote the cinematic classic for you. But where two men entered and one man left, there. Here, eight Steelers homers/bloggers entered and only one will leave.
What am I talking about? The Steelers Thunderdome Fantasy Football League.
When TSW approached me about being part of this esteemed affiliation, I didn't even think twice before replying, "will there be beer?" Kidding, of course. The email went something like - "Cotter, I had this idea last night that could end with 'and hilarity ensues.'" And the punchline was - A Steelers homer fantasy league.
So who was I to say no to that? My natural reaction was, "where do I sign?"
And I thought it'd be a nice way to introduce this to the world by getting these dudes (and TSW) on this week's Meeting People Is Easy panel. Plus, I got a couple of other special guests to spice things up even more.
Without further ado, in drafting order I'd like to introduce...
1. Christmas Ape ~ MIA.
2. Me ~ I am but your humble narrator.
3. Bryan ~ Yin to TSW's yang. AKA TheStarterBoyfriend, d/b/a Black 'n Gold Tchotchkes.
4. Keith ~ Dude will Melt Your Face Off...and +10 for the Arrested Development reference during our three or so day, marathon draft.
5. Pat ~ The face you all know and love behind - Where Have You Gone, Andy Van Slyke? and MLB Fanhouse. You know, kind of a big deal.
6. Tecmo ~ You probably don't know anything about Pittsburgh Sports and Mini Ponies. Um, or NOT. I give you, The Inimitable, Tecmo.
7. Don ~ You know, from Mondesi's House. Perhaps you've heard of it?
8. TSW ~ Where has she not written? I mean, current Black 'n Gold Tchotchkes Executive Editor in charge of Bryan. Not to mention smartest person in the world for thinking of and coordinating this league. And to whom I owe many thanks for asking me to be part of this, most prestigious of fantasy leagues.
Of course, then there are the "real" panelists...
9. Sean ~ This man recently interviewed Olympian, Ric Blas Jr. And yeah, free burritos for a year. So lucky...
10. The Immortal Silky Johnson ~ Sure, he's an Eagles fan, but I've grown to love the guy and you will too.
And that, my friends, is Meeting People Is Easy...Click the below to enlarge...
No energy left. [INSERT SOMETHING FUNNY HERE]